This blog post is dedicated to my friend Tiffanie. 🙂
- I can say that sending an art care package is similar to sending a snapchat, in that you are actually “sending” something to one another. And whoever receiving will open up the package or the snapchat.
- Also sending an art care package is different than sending a snapchat because, you can keep an art package with you and actually have it on with you other than snapchat, where it will go away in a couple of seconds unless you decide to screenshot it and keep it in your phone.
- An ephemera is definitely precious because it is something someone has made memories with. I like to keep all sorts of memories on me. It is something I like to look back on and remember what memories that I had even if it was for a short time. If I ever have grand kids, I would show them what made me happy like a movie ticket. I guess they would gain in value maybe, old movie tickets like 40+ years from now. I would show my grandchild what movies I loved to watch “back in the day” and it would create more memories for me to make with my grandchild.
- Yes an art care package and art you would typically see at a museum is different. An art care package is something that someone has made that are willing to give to another, and art in a museum would be for the viewers to watch but are not really given to them. It’s a memory you can hold on too, but an art care package is something you can keep and never let go. With art work in a museum, there is only so much a person can remember and just see rather than actually keeping and holding them.
- In my opinion, sending an art care package or sending a snapchat, the speed or how slow it takes for someone to receive it doesn’t matter to me. It is the thought that someone actually made to effort to send me a snapchat even if that takes like a couple of seconds, or making time and sending an art package… either or, I would appreciate it regardless of how fast or slow I got it.
- An art care package can have a different “love” than sending a Snapchat, in that it takes preparation and some time into making. It is a love that shows what went into making this art care package and this is how I feel towards you.